Thursday, May 29, 2008

Some fun, Some not!

So, I will start with the good stuff...

First, this has been a FUN week at school. Tuesday was Ultimate Game Day (I missed this because I was home being very sick)! The kids reported to me that it was mega-fun. Wednesday was TAKS football. Third grade took home the first place trophy for the first time ever! Thanks, Coach Estes! The cheerleaders also did an excellent job, I might add. Today, we walked to the park near our school and let the kids picnic and play. They were so good and had such a blast. We were worn out when we got back to the building! While we were at the park, this sweet (?) birdie decides to hobble to my shoe and perch for a while. I was quite popular for a few minutes with all my third grade friends. Then Parker tells me that Corey is pretty sure the bird has rabies (he could "just tell"), and that got me a bit paranoid! Then, I sort of felt like the bird was looking at me with his mean eyes, so I freaked a little. I ever-so-gently nudged him from my shoe. Then he climbed onto my backback and pooped! Yuck!


And now the not so good...

I had to go to COURT today! I did not know I would be going to court and talking to an actual JUDGE, or I would have at the very least redone the messy ponytail on my sweaty head (picnic today, remember?). A couple of weeks ago, I got a ticket. Well, 2 tickets, but one was Kevin's fault because he forgot to put a new insurance card in my car. The other was the police officer's fault for catching me driving 54 in a 40. So, already, you can see I am the victim here! Well, when I got to the FW Municipal Building, I go to the window and she says, "You have 3 tickets. One from November that hasn't been paid." ??? Oh, yeah. I mailed that in and checked probabtion on the back, and "they" (the powers-that-be in this great city) hadn't sent out the bill to pay them for it yet. UGH!!! So, while I thought I had already served my probation for that one, I was wrong. Now I am on probabtion AND I have to take Defensive Driving. I sat in the courtroom for an HOUR and TWENTY MINUTES! And I really wanted to tell that judge how MAD I was that it had taken them so long to get me a bill for the old ticket, and how, technically, I should be able to do probation now for this new ticket.......But I was a GOOD CITIZEN. I pretended to respect the judge's suggestion that I do both probation and the "driver's safety course." I think I even said, "Thank you, sir." Again, UGH!!! Why does it have to be such a hassle?

Well, that turned into a bit of a rant. But I feel better. I think I may have cleansed myself of this hatred toward city government. Wait...no, there it is. Still there. Thanks for listening. I mean reading. Or skimming.

So, who wants to take defensive driving with me??????

3 comments:

deneise said...

wow! look at the lack of comments!! can we take one of those cheesy courses where you get a free buffet??? :) sorry you had a stinky day! but,hey, at least corey saved you from a round of painful rabies shots! you'll have to check out my bird story on my blog!

Emily said...

I had no idea Corey was a rabies expert! That is good to know! :)

And, personally, I'd go with a comedy defensive driving course!

Shellee said...

Someone I know just pays his teenage daughter to rent the DVD and take the on-line test for him! I'm just sayin...

Deneise is gonna be a little short on cash for awhile!

And what's with McColloughs and there magnetic appeal to birds?