Monday, May 12, 2008

Random thoughts

So, life around here has been a little slow, which is actually exactly the way I like it. We had no big plans for the weekend, so Kevin, the boys, and I spent all of the weekend together. We haven't done that in a looong time! Friday, we got to spend some fun time with our friend Parker. My boys pretty much think he hung the moon! Saturday was just family fun time, doing laundry, shopping, blah, blah, blah. Kevin took the boys to Wal-Mart at around 8 p.m. on Saturday night (yeah, he's totally on top of it, guys) to buy my Mother's Day gift--a new electric griddle (yes, it's what I asked for). We make pancakes about once a week for dinner, so it's going to come in very handy! My real present is sitting in the garage. I got a new car!!! I was pretty much sick of paying way too much at the pump for the Expedition. I drive about 50 miles a day!

So, today was back to school for the boys and me. Andy's class took a field trip to the zoo, and Kevin went with them. He's such a cool dad!

There are only 16 days of school left! That seems impossible! I love, love, love my class so much. I am looking forward to summer with my boys, but I am sure I will shed some tears on the last day of school this year. My class is just so awesome. They impress me everyday, and I will miss sharing days with them.

And now, in honor of Mother's Day, the top 5 reasons I love being a mom:

5-The smell of baby lotion on freshly bathed skin

4-Bedtime stories

3-Just listening to the things the boys say to each other when they think no one is listening (like when Ben was tiny and Andy tried to teach him to say "Merica Nidol," which is what Andy used to call American Idol)

2-Chubby baby feet, clean or dirty

1-The way a kiss from me nearly instantly silences their cries

Oh, I love these BOYS!

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Sweetpants looks old in this picture, kid is getting tall, but he needs a little more meat on his bones or Ben is gonna use him for a tackling dummy.

deneise said...

that's sweet and all...BUT, WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU GET???? :)