Tuesday, July 8, 2008

back from vacation!!!

Well, we made it home from our back-to-back vacations! We spent a few days in Galveston and then came home just long enough to get ready for a camping trip with the WHOLE family.


Galveston was great! This was the first time either of the boys had seen the ocean, and they were totally impressed. All the kids had a blast playing in the sand, collecting shells (then tossing them in the water), jumping in the waves, and just hanging out. Ben has no fear when it comes to water. He wanted to walk further and further into the waves alone! Someone had to be holding his had the whole time. I think Andy's favorite part was burying his feet and ankles with sand and then breaking free. We stayed at a house with a beautiful view of the Gulf (I know, it's just the Gulf, but it's still cool to sit on the porch and smell the ocean). We had a great time!








For the Fourth, we went camping in West, Texas. There is nothing in West, except the Czech Stop. Which we visited and spent $$$$ for lots of yummy kolaches! But, it is close to Hillsboro, so we did a little shopping. Mostly, we just hung out. This is the first time that all of mine and Kevin's family have traveled together, and it was just so fun! I took only 1 picture while we were camping:



This is my sweet neice, Mika Baylee. I love this picture for many reasons...first, she lost one of her baby earrings, so Lori put her own earring on Mika. So she had this big, heavy earring on one side of her head. Second, she loves her mac-and-cheese. She had it everywhere! Third, I think this picture tells a lot about her personality. She is very sweet, but is not one bit ashamed of flirting a little to get her way. She pretty much had every boy on the trip wrapped around her little finger!
And last, but certainly not least, I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT (again) !!!!!
My baby brother and his wife are going to have a baby! I am just so excited I can hardly see straight. I know everyone probably already knew this news, but I wanted to say it anyway. Because I am SO excited!


2 comments:

Judy said...

I'm so glad to see you back in the blogging world. I've missed the updates. Love the pictures of the coast. Also, pretty neat that your "baby" brother & wife are making you an aunt again.

McCollough's said...

I love that picture of Mika. It was so funny seeing mac-n-cheese on her eyelashes :) I wish I could have seen the boys at the ocean! But love the pics!