Thursday, August 14, 2008

mixed feelings

My kids are, at this very moment, fighting over a toy.  I told them to figure it out, or it's going to the Goodwill bag.  (This is not an idle threat.  It would not be the first toy to meet that fate.)  So, I think tomorrow is going to be a good day for all of us.  Because they are tired of each other.  And I am tired of them being tired of each other.  And Ben just came up to me, crying, because "Andy will not be a watermelon."  Huh?  I don't know what that means, but I'm sure the cure is in spending some quality time with old friends and new teachers tomorrow, not each other.  So, I am just not feeling too sad about going back to work tomorrow.
However, I know the end of the day tomorrow will not come soon enough, because by that time I will be missing my boys terribly.  It's always hard the first few weeks.  
I am excited to see my team again.  They are the best friends to work with, and it's fun to catch up on each other's summer fun.
I really don't have much to say, but I got a mean text message from someone, telling me to update.  
Oh, Vegas!  That's why I haven't posted in a while.  Kevin and I went to Vegas and had a blast.  (THANK YOU to Le and Brandon for taking care of our boys!)  We came home broke! (Luckily, Kevin is a conservative gambler, but I'm not.  Anything he may have won, I lost.  I do not know when to quit.  I understand how people can become addicted.) We saw Danny Gans, and he was awesome.   We also saw Le Reve, which is a Cirque de Soliel show, and I didn't get it.  I think maybe it was a dream about Hell???  Anyway, not nearly as good as Love (we saw that last year).
So, there's the update of our fascinating lives.  Hope you're satisfied, Le!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Don't be so hard on Le. I'm glad she got you to update. Also,tell Ben, I hate it when Andy won't be a watermelon too.

deneise said...

great! now i'm totally craving watermelon!