Monday, April 28, 2008

Going to Hollywood, Baby!

So, the secret talent turns out to be rapping. I have always been a great wrapper, but recently, I've learned that I pretty much rock the mike when I rap.


So, tomorrow is a big day at our school (I guess for lots of Texas schools), so "they" decided that the kids would love to watch their teachers make fools of themselves...and fools we were, indeed! But, the kids loved it, and my group made it to Hollywood! Don't know exactly when the tickets will arrive.


Here we are!

GEM

Left to right: Erin (teaching BFF), Grace (my student teacher/Erin's sister) and me.



And my friends Emily and Patti.




And this is my good friend Jennifer, AKA Muffy Midler. Muffy loves the movie Beaches so much that she moved to Florida. She was da bomb!

So, all in all, a very rewarding day. As much as I dreaded this whole "Power Rally," it helped me remember that my job is all about those sweet kids. The looks on their faces when we started...priceless. My students ROCK!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yall were AWESOME!!
I was very impressed!!

Yall actually sounded good which was kind of a pleasant surprise!!
:)

Nana said...

You make a Mother proud!